Summer in Texas is hot. Danged hot, actually.
Seriously. During the summer in Texas, you could roast all kinds of meaty goodness (mmm … brisket) right in your car. Don’t believe me? Try getting into your car after it’s been closed up all day when it’s 105 degrees outside.
Hot, and still? Summer in Texas is 100%, complete, total, unmitigated AWESOME.
You can do anything in Texas. And in the summer, you can do more of it in less clothing.
Why not spend a day floating down the river? You could take a dive into the Gulf of Mexico on a trip to Galveston. You could swim at Barton Springs Pool in Austin. Kayaking, boating, splashing. Sure, you could drink it, too, but we highly recommend aqua-borne pursuits of all kinds.
Have we ever mentioned how much great beer is made in this great big, beautiful state? No? Well, in case you missed it, there’s scads of it. And it’s fantastic. Kids get popsicles, we get ice-cold suds (though we’ll cop to loving the popsicles, too).
Brisket. Tacos. BBQ. That is all. I mean, really, what more could you ever need?
Summer is great for kids, but why should they have all the fun? We think Texas’ adults should get out there and have a grand ol’ time! And guess what? There is no shortage of ways and places to do just that.
Get a babysitter. Drop the kids with a friend, a relative, or other awesome loved one, grab your sweetheart or your BFF and go. Where to? There are loads of places!
You could …
- Shop in Wimberley
- Dust off your Cowboy boots and hit up John T. Floore’s Country Store in Helotes, Coupland Dance Hall, Gruene Hall, Billy Bob’s in Fort Worth, Broken Spoke in Austin, or Schroeder Hall in Schroeder
- Take a wine tour through Texas Hill Country
- Kiepersol Estates in Tyler
- Venture to Lukenbauch
- Check out Gruene Hall in Gruene (they’ve got a fine dance hall, plus you can shop, eat and drink!)
- Visit Granbury, home of Revolver Brewing, country music, and great antiquing
- Explore Deep Ellum in Dallas
Summer in Texas is hot. And we’re not just talking about the temperature. We see the news and we know that y’all up north are still clambering to break free from your never-ending winter.
C’mon down to Texas, set a spell, and get wet. Get whetted. Get happy. In short, get TEXAS.